New for 2012, the Optimus 360 Control System by SeaStar represents the pinnacle of steering technology for mechanically-controlled twin outboard powerboats. The all-in-one joystick controls steering, thrust and shifting, giving 360 degrees of control to even the most novice boater. With a move of the joystick, Optimus smart cylinders and actuators engage, allowing for instant, independent movement of each outboard motor, giving the user better control while maneuvering through docks, loading a vessel onto a trailer or navigating through tight areas.
With the Optimus 360 Steering Control System comes the highest industry standard of a Teleflex Marine product, exceeding North American ABYC and European ISO quality standards.
One of the key components to the advanced Optimus 360 system is the Optimus Electronic Power Steering System (EPS) by SeaStar. The Optimus Electronic Helm connects to a pump control module, which operates hydraulic pumps beneath the deck. Each pump connects to an electro-hydraulic smart cylinder, controlling the movement for each outboard motor.
The Optimus 360 Steering System price is $17,995 before cost of installation.
• Ergonomic three-axis joystick with guided feel and boost mode
• User adjustable speed sensitive helm turns, wheel effort and steering response
• Fault tolerant CAN Bus network
• Sealed, locking cable connections
• On demand hydraulic steering pumps
• Adjustable stainless steel ORB fittings on the Smart Cylinder
• Compatible with third party autopilot systems
• Dual redundancy components
ULTIMATE INTELLIGENCE Optimus 360
Optimus Electronic Helm
• Speed sensitive turning and steering while at speed
• Dual independent sensors and circuits for safe, reliable operation
Optimus Smart Cylinder
• Fully adjustable stainless steel ORB fittings for easy installation
• Integrated rudder feedback unit simplifies autopilot systems
Optimus Hydraulic Steering Pump
• Simplified auto-purge lets users drain hydraulics with existing components
• SAE J-1171 rated motor meets Coast Guard ignition protection requirements
Optimus CANtrak Display System
• adjusts helm turning and effort controls
• real-time visual system information and rudder direction
Optimus Pump Control Module
• Locked and sealed cable connections increase reliability and protect from vibration
• Can be used with certified third party autopilot systems